Sorry I disappeared for a bit. If you wrote something for the challenge, please go ahead and post it. I'll round everything up in a few days.
You can sign up for the challenge by responding to this post and choosing two prompts. One prompt will be either one of the seven deadly sins or one of the seven contrary virtues (hence angels and devils). Sins and virtues can be chosen more than once.
The other prompt will be an Oscar Wilde quote. Because no one deals with sins and virtues better than Oscar Wilde! The quotes can also be chosen more than once. The quote does not have to be incorporated into your fic or art. It is simply there to help jump start the writing or drawing process.
While this is a Neville/Luna community, genfic featuring the two are also welcomed. All fic and art, up to M will be accepted. No NC-17 fics or art allowed.
Posting will begin on October 15 and go through November 15.
When posting, please use the following format:
( And on to the prompts!Collapse )
- Current Mood:artistic
Alright, everyone. I've had a dry spell. Yes. It's sad, I know.
I've decided it's time to take requests. Though I can't promise I can't get to every one of them, I will try.
Here are the rules:
1. PG-13 rating is the limit. The only exception is an R rating for gore/violence/that sort of thing.
2. I am not limited to pairings in which this is posted in. Request any pairing and I'll see what I can do. I am more than open to doing slash pairings. I have never written femslash and am hesitant to try but if that's all I get, I will do it.
3. I will accept cross over requests, but I'll be fair and won't do the cross over unless I know both fandoms well enough to write about them.
4. Any kind of prompt will work.
- A title (ie "The Jar of Concepts")
- A song (ie "Straight Lines" by Silverchair -- Please leave a link to the lyrics and to the song itself if this is the prompt of choice.)
- A word (ie "camp")
- An entire summary (Because I am, as I said, lacking in plots, I won't give an example of this--you get the idea. I will accept fully developed plots and semi-developed.)
- A picture (ie Give a link to the picture.)
- Anything else you can think of. If I need more information/clarification, I will comment to your comment.
5. I am familiar most with the following fandoms:
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Harry Potter
- Good Charlotte
- National Treasure
- House (I haven't written anything for the show yet, though.)
- Phantom of the Opera
Among others. Just ask if it's not on the list and I will let you know.
6. Please alert me if I need to be careful of spoilers. For example, if you have only read up to a certain point in the Twilight saga, tell me that you don't want spoilers for Eclipse or whatever the appropriate title is.
I think that's about it. If you have any questions, leave a comment.
X-posted to: blaise_hermione, books_freckles, derek_casey, dracoxhermione, govt_stole_toad, jakeward, lily_centric, lion_lamb, mortal_fic, norribeth, obhmf, quiet_ones, remus_hermione,
- Current Music:Geek in the Pink - Jason Mraz
Their first prompt is up and I'd like to see participants from all over the HP fandom regardless of ship or sexual preference!
We don't have a word count minimum or limited amount of entries, so if you like drabbles, haiku, or limericks you are encouraged to join as well!
Come give us a look!
If this post is not allowed please delete. I did not mean to offend.
The Boy With The Toad
Neville walked through the destroyed corridors in a trance-like state. The bodies had been recovered, the remaining Death Eaters detained, the wounded hospitalized. In the Great Hall there was mourning and celebration colliding simultaneously, but out here in the corridors an eerie silence had taken over. Pieces of ruble and holes in the stone floors made the place hard to recognize as the wonderful castle that had left him in awe when he was just a child.
Just a child.
Had this year been like any other, he might still be considered a child. But this war had quickly made all those innocent children men and women, warriors.
It shocked him, that after all of these years of calling this castle home; he had never wandered off to explore all of its wonderful towers and corridors. Now that he had the courage, the castle was gone. Nothing but a war zone was left in its place.
He briefly considered going to the greenhouses, but knew that it would do him no good to see them too, destroyed.
He shouldn’t be so upset about this, he knew. He hadn’t lost his grandmother and St.Mungo’s, with what was left of his parents, was intact. Who was he mourning then? If he hadn’t yet gone to investigate who hadn’t made it… why was he suffering from this feeling of loss?
Soon he realized, he wasn’t mourning someone, he was mourning something. He was mourning happier days, days of innocence; when his biggest problems were his classmates teasing, when his biggest pressures were studying for Potions exams, when what made him nervous was forming coherent words around girls.
He mourned the time when he stuttered, not because he liked sounding like a blubbering idiot, but because he had had the time to stutter. Because no one’s life depended on delivering a message promptly and no one’s hope hung on the sound of confidence in his voice.
He missed being just Neville the boy with the toad.
- Current Location:Some Nostalgic Spot in the Caspian Sea
- Current Mood:creative
- Current Music:Pictures of You - The Last Goodbye
We will be having a member's choice for this challenge! Below, there is a master list of all the challenge submissions. If you'd like to vote for your favorite, simply respond to this post with your selection. All posts to this entry will be screened.
- lionille wrote The Great Snorkack Migration There are some momentous events that only happen once. [Romance, G]
- sellthelie wrote A Moment In The Sun I like you Neville Longbottom." [Friendship fic, PG]
- slytherin_face wrote Red, Red, Wine After taking a job at the Three Broomsticks, the man Luna has been waiting to see finally comes in to pay her a visit. [Fluff, PG-13]
- mosaic wrote Teh Touch of your Hand "Neville jumped a little at the sound of the door opening. He hadn't been expecting anyone to come by this late at night, but he smiled when he heard Luna's soft voice lilting toward him." [Romance, PG]
- pinkelephant42 drew Research The idea is that Neville and Luna go on a trip together both to get away from the post-war world and to research plants and find Snorckacks.
- molly_coddles wrote Toadal Annihilation The REAL book seven! ;) Trevor, usually fixated on escape, finds a cause to fight for and builds his own army; just like his owner. [Genfic, PG-13]
- mmmfishfingers wrote Begin Anew Neville loses something dear to him. [Angst, PG]
- jdbracknell wrote Marigolds Her mother used to tell her stories of love and life, only in the stories, the two didn’t seem all that different. [Romance, PG]
- pixychelle wrote The Scribbling Lark and the Blackthorn Tree Every year, after his plants died or hibernated, Luna floated in to fill the gap. [Romance, PG-13]
Thank you again to all writers, artists, readers and reviewers! Since the challenge is over, it is now open posting. If you have fic or art to share, now is the time. Happy posting! :D